Class of 1960

Class of 1960

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Karen Campbell - Parra

I married Denny in June of 1962. We had 3 children, 2 boys and 1 girl. We have 6 granddaughters and one grand son. We have always lived in the Oregon City, Gladstone, Milwaukie area. I had various jobs since graduating, but the longest was with a health insurance company for 19 years. I retired from the insurance company in June of 2007.


Denny passed away in December of 2007 and later that year I sold my house and bought one with my daughter. I now live with my daughter and her 17 year old son, plus we have taken in a 16 year old girl who cannot live with her mother.


My life is not what I had planned for retirement age, but what the Lord had planned for me. If I had not helped my daughter get into a house, we would not be able to help this young girl. Two more years of one of them being in high school and hopefully the house and my life will quite down a bit. It is really a big change in my life because since I am the one that does not work and am home, I find myself handling the teenagers the most. I thought once mine were raised that I would be through, but got a gentle surprise.


Life is good and hopefully will continue to be for many years.

Thanks to the Reunion Committee for all their hard work. I am looking forward to seeing everyone at the Reunion.

Karen (Campbell) Parra

No comments:

Post a Comment