Class of 1960

Class of 1960

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Crover-Reed, Barbara



I’m married to Glen Reed, Oregon City class of 1956, and no he didn’t steal the Lion. We’ve been married for 32 years. Between us we have five children. One son and four daughters, ten grandkids, and three greats. What fun.

We live in Redland on the property Glen moved to in 1947 with his folks. We really enjoy being country folk.

I enjoy reading, antiquing, and collecting. We like to camp and ride motorcycles. Mostly Glen rides but occasionally I go along for the ride.

We go to church in Gladstone ( Gladstone Christian) where I have attended since 1954 or so. It plays a big part in my life. I grew in the church there as well as my kids.

I’ve worked at various jobs over the years and retired twice. From the old West Linn Inn as a waitress to a machine operator for P&C Tool, a vet assistant to managing the OC Christian Supply. I retired from there then several years later my sister talked me into working for her and her husband in there garage door business. I retired from there in 1999 and now I am just tired. We do enjoy the retired life.

One of my fun trips was to Korea and Thailand with Brenda Yeaple Laughterbach. We were visiting my daughter and family. While in Korea we visited the DMZ. What an interesting and very sobering place. While in Thailand we went on a Safari. We got to ride an elephant, paddle canoes down a river, visited the worlds largest jewelry store. What an experience that trip was. I really enjoyed visiting different countries and soaking up such diverse cultures.

I’m looking forward to seeing everyone at the reunion.
Barbara





Barbara Crover Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment