Class of 1960

Class of 1960

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

David D Anderson



After graduation from West Linn High School, I attended Oregon State University. There I concentrated my studies in General Science, Majoring in Mathematics. During the course of study I took a couple of classes in computer programming, which later became my career filed. While at OSU< I met the love of my life, Judy Schierman, who later became my wife. We had three children, a boy and two girls. They in turn had four children.

My career consisted of working for U.S. Bank for thirty years in various capacities associated with computer. In 1994 they offered all of us old timers an early retirement, so I took it. I then went to work for Western Bank as a branch/operational/financial/computer auditor. When they were bought out by Washington Mutual, I said enough to big banks and retired again.

My next endeavor was to work for Emery Worldwide, a heavy freight forwarder as a software quality assurance technician. That lasted until I was 62 and I said enough of working and retired for the third time (three strikes and your out).

I am now enjoying retirement by watching our grandkids grow into young adults, hiking, taking trips with my wife and just enjoying life. The oldest grandchild just graduated from high school and will be attending Southern Oregon University. The nest oldest is a junior in high school and loves soccer. The third will be a freshman in high school and is 2nd degree black belt in martial arts. The last one is a second grader and loves to swim.

We never strayed far from home living in Portland for a few years and then moving to Jennings Lodge area for the last 40 years plus. Looking forward to seeing old class mates after so long.

David D Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment