Class of 1960

Class of 1960

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Joanne Fero-Mays



I registered at OSC after high school but after my husband proposed I decided to exchange homework for house work. Dick and I were married at the OC Baptist Church on Dec. 10th 1960. Dick worked at Publishers paper mill until he retired in 2000. We had our first child Tami Oct. 1961, our second, Teri Nov. 1965 and our third, Rick Mar. 1967. I worked at DWS for 25+ years as an assembler, tester, inspector and lead. We have seven wonderful grandchildren and our great grandson is due about Aug. 25th.

We have enjoyed hunting, camping, traveling on motorcycles and sailing our boat. Dick likes fly-fishing and I like reading a book and watching him. I also enjoy doing crafts and walking. We retired in 2000 sold everything and became full time RV’ers and love it. We normally spend our winters in Yuma then travel in the summer. We have spent the last two winters in Oregon as our oldest daughter is ill. This is the second summer we have spent working as host/attendants on the Metolius at Camp Sherman. I spend every other weekend (Wed. & Thur.) in Oregon City staying with our daughter.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone again at the reunion.

Joanne Mays

No comments:

Post a Comment